- Explains the benefits of using Weyerhaeuser RBS in roof applications.
- Design, specification and installation information for Weyerhaeuser Radiant Barrier Sheathing (RBS).
- These products are approved for points toward Green Building Certification
Weyerhaeuser Radiant Barrier Sheathing (RBS) comes pre-fabricated with a reflective foil layer that blocks more than 97%* of the sun’s radiant energy, minimizing heat transfer through the roof and insulation to interior living spaces. As an added plus, Weyerhaeuser RBS can even help keep unair-conditioned, uninsulated rooms like garages, workshops, and porches cooler, increasing a home’s usable space.
Installing a radiant barrier is an efficient, cost-effective way to help keep interior living spaces comfortable while saving energy costs. Weyerhaeuser RBS provides all these benefits with no additional labor or material hassles. Thanks to an innovative wood-resin combination, every Weyerhaeuser RBS panel is manufactured flat, installs flat and stays flat, and has been engineered to precise specifications to resist problems like cupping, warp, or sag. The radiant foil layer is perforated for ventilation, to protect against condensation and moisture build-up.
* 97% reflectivity and 3% emittance measurements derived by using an infrared reflectometer on aluminum foil laminate in accordance with ASTM E408, Method A.
** Actual savings will depend upon local utility rates, home size and climate
- View warranties covering Weyerhaeuser wood products here.