Have software questions?
Try Forte on for Size
Get Forte software now!
- Save .exe file locally first and then double-click to install.
- For best results, temporarily disable anti-virus software for the Forte installation process.
Supported Microsoft® Operating Systems include: Windows® 10, Windows 8 & 8.1, Windows 7 and Windows Vista®
See full system requirements here.
What’s new in Forte software
- Design members using the National Building Code of Canada (NBCC) 2015 with reference to CSA O86-14.
- Provide the maximum allowable Unbraced Length for both the top and bottom compression edge of a member.
- Include the face of the member (Top, Back Side or Front Side) that each load is applied to when importing jobs from Javelin and other software in order to properly analyze Multiple Member Connections.
- Choose to include fastener schedules along with member design for attaching member plies of a beam assembly together providing proper support for the loading on the beam. Select from a variety of nails, screws or bolts that are available depending on the applied loading to the member that can be included on the member report.
- Select the building code required to design members in the job using the appropriate load combinations and lateral load considerations. The building code, along with the year (e/g. ‘IBC 2015’), will be included on the member reports.
- IBC 2012 and IBC 2015 building code options will now reference ASCE 7-10 for lateral design of members for stud, column and header applications. Choose IBC 2009 to use ASCE 7-05 for lateral design.
- Quickly determine the best solution to use for a member now with additional information about which design accessories are required for each solution in the All Solutions grid on the Solutions Tab. The specific design accessories for the current solution are now also included in the Job Summary grid for more convenience.
- Reference the member self-weight used for design in the Loads grid on the member report.
- Have you had a chance to check out the Forte connection to Revit! Users modeling and design structures using Revit software will now be able to design Trus Joist® products using the MWF Advanced Revit extension from StrucSoft Solutions. Visit StrucSoft Solutions for more information about this opportunity.
Use the newest Building Codes
Define Bracing Lengths
Import the Load Placement
Has it been a while since you’ve used Forte software? Check out these recent additions:
Define Multiple Member Connections
Specify the required building code year
Design members for lateral loading using ASCE 7-10
Integration with Autodesk® Revit®
For more details about these features and more check out our Forte Software Training Videos.
Forte users will appreciate:
Graphical User Interface and Intuitive Workflow
Balance Cost & Performance with TJ-Pro™ Rating System
Loading Assistance for Complex Conditions
Size Engineered Wood and Dimension Lumber
Forte Software Training Videos
Videos in this playlist:
Press play to start the video playlist. Click “playlist” in the video player to skip to another video.
- Forte Software Overview
- Job Tree
- Program Settings
- Materials Manager & Pricing
- Sizing a Floor Joist
- Beam and Loads
- Roof Members
- Hip and Valley
- Load Linking
- Wall Member Design (IBC)
- Laterally Loaded Wall Headers
- Columns and Posts
- Wall Member Design (NBCC)
- Multiple Member Connections
Open File Exchange: Send Members to Forte for Analysis From Your Software
Need more information? Contact Weyerhaeuser Software Support at 1.800.833.9491 or [email protected].
Forte Getting Started Guide
N. America: SVC-F-GSG
N. America: SVC-F-FAQ
Forte Sizing Software
N. America: SVC-4130
Floor Performance and TJ Pro Ratings
N. America: SVC-4005
Trus Joist No Red Tag Guarantee
N. America: TJ-1013
Download our Literature App