Have software questions?
Try Forte on for Size
Get Forte software now!
- Save .exe file locally first and then double-click to install.
- For best results, temporarily disable anti-virus software for the Forte installation process.
Forte software v5.0 will replace the current installation of Forte v4.6 expiring in October.
View the Forte Frequently Asked Questions page for answers to some of the most common questions about new features and troubleshooting.
Supported Microsoft® Operating Systems include: Windows® 10, Windows 8 & 8.1, Windows 7 and Windows Vista®
See full system requirements here.
What’s new in Forte software
- You can now customize default values for Job, Level and Member settings including Spans and Supports and Product Selection for each member type. All customized values can be quickly reset through Program Settings.
- In addition to wall member design using IBC we now provide wall member design using NBCC. Design wall members for lateral and vertical loads using the National Building Code of Canada in compliance with CSA O86-09.
- Analyze Trus Joist® products as studs, columns and headers (including wind sills).
- Users modeling and design structures using Revit software will now be able to design Trus Joist® products using the MWF Advanced Revit extension from StrucSoft Solutions. Visit StrucSoft Solutions for more information about this opportunity. Enhanced file management
- No need to worry about power outages or system failures – Forte v5.0 can now automatically save a backup file…just in case!
- Quickly change your default file directory through Program Settings to open or save files to a preferred location. Extended Design Output
- Member reports for Trus Joist® products created using Forte v5.0 will now include required bearing lengths for both reinforced and unreinforced members. Additionally, cantilever conditions are now reported using ‘2L/’. Plus more enhancement to provide clear, consistent design information.
Expanded wall member design
Integration with Autodesk® Revit®
For more details about these features and more check out our Forte Software Training Videos.
Forte users will appreciate:
Graphical User Interface and Intuitive Workflow
Balance Cost & Performance with TJ-Pro™ Rating System
Loading Assistance for Complex Conditions
Size Engineered Wood and Dimension Lumber
Forte Software Training Videos
Videos in this playlist:
Press play to start the video playlist. Click “playlist” in the video player to skip to another video.
- Forte Software Overview
- Job Tree
- Program Settings
- Materials Manager & Pricing
- Sizing a Floor Joist
- Beam and Loads
- Roof Members
- Hip and Valley
- Load Linking
- Tall Wall Design
- Laterally Loaded Wall Headers
- Columns and Posts
- Wall Member Design Using NBCC in Forte v5.0
Open File Exchange: Send Members to Forte for Analysis From Your Software
Need more information? Contact Weyerhaeuser Software Support at 1.800.833.9491 or [email protected].
Forte Getting Started Guide
N. America: SVC-F-GSG
N. America: SVC-F-FAQ
Forte Sizing Software
N. America: SVC-4130
Floor Performance and TJ Pro Ratings
N. America: SVC-4005
Trus Joist No Red Tag Guarantee
N. America: TJ-1013
Download our Literature App